171 Landon LnNeed More Information?
Newly elected to the National Register of Historic Places, Old Manse was built in 1868 by Rev. Isaac W. K. Handy, author of an acclaimed Civil War journal and Pastor of Orange Presbyterian Church. Frame construction with a standing seam metal roof, this is a lovely colonial situated on 46 acres inside the Town. The architecture is Greek Revival with Colonial Revival elements later added by Virginia Supreme Court Justice George Landon Browning. The lawn is defined by 100 yr old boxwoods, mature perennial gardens and trees. Children’s bunk house, pool & barn to restore. Land is pasture and would lend itself to lots of agricultural uses. Springs, streams, spring-fed pond and mountain views. Superb Tax credits available for restoration.
Listing courtesy of JOS. T. SAMUELS, INC.